For this “explore-and-play-with-wikis” exercise, you are asked to add an entry or two to the NJ State Library Technology Tapas wiki. The theme of this wiki is simply “Favorites” : Favorite books, favorite vacation spots, favorite restaurants, favorite anything …all you need to do is play and add your thoughts. To mark your adventure on this site, you should add your blog to the Favorite Blogs page.
- PB Wiki Demos - Find out how this collaborative tool can be used in education or business
- PBWiki Support Center - Instructions and videos on how to get started
- PB Wiki Tips
1. Access the NJ State Library Technology Tapas wiki and create a login account for yourself (FYI, if you are already a member of PBWiki, say if you're updating the SCILS manual wiki, you don't have to create a new account. Just use your current log in information).
2. Add your blog to the Favorite Blogs page. That's how we'll know that you've been there. It’s easy to do if you follow this simple syntax:
[ URL Title of blog]
[http://njsllearning.blogspot.com Technology Tapas ]
With brackets [ ] and just a little typing, you’ve added a link - yup, it’s as easy as that!
OPTIONAL: Add a favorite or two to a few other pages (Favorite books, favorite vacation spot, etc). And, if you feel up to the challenge, you might even want to create a separate page for book review or short travel essay and link up to that.
3. Create a post in your blog about the experience.
*NOTE: The NJ State Library Technology Tapas wiki was created using the free version of PBWorks (formerly PBWiki), a tool that lets you create webpages that anyone can edit.