Creating a blog using Blogger takes just three steps:
- Create an account (view screenshot)
- Name your blog (view screenshot) Note: You may need to try several different URLs before you find one that isn't already in use. You can also ignore the Advanced Options.
- Select your template.
Once you’ve created your blog here are two important things to know:
- To add posts: The maintenance interface that you will use to add posts, edit or change the step-up your blog is accessed online at http://www.blogger.com/ Be sure to write down your login and password.
- To view your blog: Your blog address is http://(xxxx).blogspot.com, (xxxx)=the unique identifier you entered in Step 2. Be sure to also write down your blog address.
If you run into problems or would like more information about blogs and using Blogger here are some discovery resources you can use:
- Freevlog’s Quicktime Tutorial: Setup a Free Blogger Blog Note: Ignore the opening comments about downloading Firefox if your PC doesn’t have it. This will work in Explorer just fine.
- Blogger’s Quick Tutorial
OK -- Now, it’s your turn...
- Setup a blog for yourself through Blogger.
- Add a test post or two. Note: Use one of your test posts to create an entry about the habits among the 7 and 1/2 lifelong learning habits that is easiest and hardest for you & why.
- Have fun!!!!
IMPORTANT NOTE: How you choose to identify yourself on your blog is your choice. You can blog under a screen name, anonymously, or as yourself. However, in order to qualify for the staff incentives and staff day prize drawings, you will need to email your blog's URL to Bob Keith or Andrea Simzak and include it in the comments section of the next post.
* Use of Blogger is only a recommendation. If there is another blog hosting site that you are more comfortable with, please feel free to use it.